Terms & Conditions
As the owner of a TokyoTrove subscription, each month you will be sent a package with assorted Japanese-themed products. The selection of products will change from month to month. TokyoTrove can not guarantee the inclusion or exclusion of any product, whether a specific product or group of products. Your monthly shipment will be shipped between the 1st and 10th day of the month. Once shipped, TokyoTrove can not guarantee the amount of time it will take for a package to reach you. TokyoTrove does not guarantee nor offer tracking of any month subscription sent.
As the owner of a TokyoTrove subscription, you acknowledge and consent to being charged a recurring payment and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to the cancellation of your membership. Your subscription will be automatically renewed for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription period originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional rate. You may cancel your ongoing membership by logging into the `My Account` page. Each subscription automatically renews on the 1st day of the month following the end of the subscription period. You must cancel your subscription prior to the 1st day of the month following the end of the subscription period to cancel the subscription and that month’s shipment. IF YOU DO NOT CANCEL PRIOR TO THE 1ST DAY OF THE MONTH FOLLOWING THE END OF THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR RENEWING THE SUBSCRIPTION. All cancellation requests received after the 1st day of the month following the end of the subscription period will apply to the following subscription month. No prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period will be given. We may terminate your membership, without notice, for any reason.
All information that you provide to TokyoTrove, including your credit card information, is handled by the BraintreeGateway payment gateway. No sensitive information is stored on servers owned or operated by TokyoTrove. If you have a subscription, your credit card will automatically be charged by this third party payment service on the 1st day of each month for your ongoing subscription. For your convenience and continuous subscription benefits as a member, if your payment method reaches its expiration date and you do not edit your credit card information or cancel your membership, you authorize us to continue billing that credit card on file including extending the expiration date until we are notified by you or the credit card company that the account is no longer valid. TokyoTrove is not responsible for any fees or charges your issuing bank or credit card provider may charge you. If your payment to us is returned for any reason, you authorize us to continue billing your credit card on file and seek payment by another method until payment is received. We use a third party payment service in lieu of directly processing your credit card information. By submitting your credit card information, you grant TokyoTrove the right to store and process your information with the third party payment service. You agree that TokyoTrove will not be responsible for any failures of the third party payment service to adequately protect such information. All financial matters regarding your information are subject to the conditions of the third party payment service provider's terms of service.
Shipping and Loss of Goods
The products furnished by this site will be shipped by a third party carrier. As a result, title and risk of loss or damage for such products will pass to you upon delivery of the products to the carrier by TokyoTrove. Shipping dates and/or arrival times given are only estimates. For loss/damage claims, you must notify TokyoTrove within 30 days of the date of delivery if you believe all or part of your order is missing or damaged. Replacement of products and credits to your account for shipped products claimed as not received are subject to our investigation, which may include postal-service notification. Damaged items must be reported and include a photo in the ticket submission. TokyoTrove may at its discretion choose to furnish replacement products in lieu of an account credit.
By accessing the website at http://www.tokyotrove.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on TokyoTrove's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on TokyoTrove's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by TokyoTrove at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on TokyoTrove's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. TokyoTrove makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, TokyoTrove does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall TokyoTrove or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on TokyoTrove's website, even if TokyoTrove or a TokyoTrove authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on TokyoTrove's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. TokyoTrove does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. TokyoTrove may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However TokyoTrove does not make any commitment to update the materials.
TokyoTrove has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by TokyoTrove of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
TokyoTrove may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of FL and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.